Building & Planning

Residential & Commercial Construction

Use the New Construction Packet to review our planning and land use process, find the current forms that are required for most building projects in Maupin, and get answers to frequently asked questions.

Review the Zoning Ordinance to find information about building and operating in different zones within the City. Find what zone your home or lot is in using the Wasco County Public Basemap here. Find information about how to navigate the webmap here.

Check out Maupin’s System Development Charges and read more about SDCs in Oregon.

Rivercrest Village

Refer to the Rivercrest Village architectural guidelines, CCRs, and Fee Schedule in addition to Maupin’s Zoning Ordinances for questions about building in the subdivision. Call the HOA Board President at 541-815-9779 for more information before getting started. Also note that the Rivercrest Board must approve all plans before any work can be done on the property.

Land Use Forms

Access other forms related to Planning & Land Use on our documents page.

Planning & Land Use Fees

See the City’s Fee Schedule to understand our planning and land use application costs.

Subdivision Projects

Read the Subdivision Ordinance No. 250 and Ordinance No. 279.

Construction Project Requirements

Depending on the project, contractors may need to complete the Right of Way Permit Application and the Bulk Water Use Application. The City of Maupin does not have a city-issued business license requirement to operate, but all businesses must be registered with the State of Oregon.

Building State Scenic Waterway

Maupin Municipal Code 18.30.110 states that “Development proposals within the scenic waterway district must first be approved by the state Parks and Recreation Department rivers program. Any outright permitted use allowed by the zoning ordinance which is not visible from the river, although it is within the scenic waterway, shall be allowed without any additional conditions or requirements by the city, other than those required by the zoning ordinance. [Ord. 311 § 3.10, 2020.]”. The district can be seen in the 2005 Comprehensive Plan/Zoning Map (last page). If your property is within that boundary, then you will need to reach out to Oregon Parks and Recreation Department with a Notification of Intent. If OPRD approves your plans, you can begin the Site Plan Review process with the City. Read the State Scenic Waterway NOI instructions and the Landowner’s Guide to the Oregon Scenic Waterway Program for more information. Reach out to City Hall planning staff with questions.